That will not come very soon but there is a nice workaround already:
you can open two racks in different browser windows and you can copy and paste modules between the browser windows with c, x and v keyboard shortcuts.> >

Cool; thanks!

Would also like to see an Excel-compatible spreadsheet of the modules generated from the program.

A CSV export might be possible, I will look into this ...

Thank you for the consideration!

I would like to see the ability to have multiple racks on the same page. For example, have number of racks and then it splits and has rack one, rack two, etc. It would be nice to be able to layout a large multi-rack system on a single page.

That will not come very soon but there is a nice workaround already:
you can open two racks in different browser windows and you can copy and paste modules between the browser windows with c, x and v keyboard shortcuts.

Would also like to see an Excel-compatible spreadsheet of the modules generated from the program.

A CSV export might be possible, I will look into this ...

-- IvanC

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

I would like to see the ability to have multiple racks on the same page. For example, have number of racks and then it splits and has rack one, rack two, etc. It would be nice to be able to layout a large multi-rack system on a single page.

I would definitely pay for these features.

Thank you!

ADM04 + Drumes =

Very useful and great sounding VCA/Mixer. Not as deep as say the VCAM but it also takes up way less space. I love this module.
I would recommend it over and over again. Don't see it used a lot.

two big downsides to this module:
1 It's really quiet
2 it has a fixed glide

I thought mine was broken but when I emailed Pittsburgh it's apparently part of the build.
Cool tones come out of it but i wish I had opted for something like "Braids" instead.

T

Hi!

I am sure some of you planned or going to build its own modular/semi-modular ultimate drum machine!

There is my idea. I have already bought the case, DC1 Drumcomputer, BD909, BD808, HH909, CB808 and Mutant Clap

..what would you add more on my place? Or general ideas?
My only concern is kicks. I will be limited with 808 and 909 as I also want fast attack zappy kicks sometimes. For this Cwejman BLD is the best. But it is quite big and expensive. Also MI Peaks is a smal and cheap solution, but I prefer analogue a bit more over digital).
I also can tweak such kicks on my Doepfer basic system, but I want all in the drum machine :)
One more drum sequencer (max 8HP) for tribal beats is also in the wishlist (like NE Zularic Repetitor)

P.S. I also put radio module as bonus for experiments with mutant clap as VCA/ENV (anyway I have Dopefer System and AS Vostok also to patch the radio module there. One of the options for experimental side is Jupiter Storm with or without G.Moons ENV/VCA, but they take so much money and space...Yes. I need to limit myself to 104 HP not to expand further and concentrate on music :))

Anything new on Praga in the meantime?

A Eurocrack Pusher: "The first time is for free" ;)

Got home tonight and discovered that the patch cable on the input side of my modular was laying across the power supply of the unit below it in the rack--and I had hope. However, no matter how I moved the cables around, the Wasp continued its -20 dB hiss.

I finally removed all the cables, both input and output, and put a probe on the output jack. Sure enough, the hiss is still there, so that tells me that the source of the problem is the uZeus. My other module (A-136 Dis) exhibits the similar behavior at a much lower audio level, so based on the tech sheet you provided, I feel like the Wasp is just more susceptible to these kinds of things.

So for now, I think I will just EQ out the hiss until I'm ready to upgrade to a cleaner power supply. I'll have to listen to it if I'm monitoring from the rack, but at least it will be inaudible when the audio reaches my DAW.

Thanks for all your help!

Interesting...

Power is provided by a Happy Ending Kit uZeus, but now that I think about it, the audio cables running between the Wasp and the mixer are draped over the top of an Emu sound module before plunging into the dark recesses of my equipment rack, where is is probably in close contact with the rear plane of several other components--notably, where the power supplies would be.

I run balanced patch cables exclusively in my rack, but of course the patch cables connected to the modular are 2-conductor, unbalanced. Since these wires run very close to several transformers on their way to the mixer, that could be the problem. I'll try rerouting the wires and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip!!

The WASP circuit relies on the non linearity behavior of a cmos ic described here

https://www.fairchildsemi.com/application-notes/AN/AN-88.pdf

It sounds to me like you are running a switching power supply that isn't filtering out it's PWM signal completely that the WASP is reacting with. The WASP is probably fine.

I wish the limit were based on HP rather than number of rows. Four rows of 168hp takes up quite a bit more server space than five rows of 84 or 104. I'd like to maybe add a base to my low cost case eventually, and don't feel that 420hp puts me quite into the "really big rack" category (a c-cup at best!). Granted, yeah, I could technically afford to contribute, but I spend so much time fantasizing about these modules that by the time my paychecks arrive, I've already spent them.

Greetings all,

Newbie here--just bought my first couple modules, one of which was Doepfer's A-124 Wasp filter. My question is... is this thing supposed to hiss?

I finally put a spectrum analyzer on it, and I'm getting a single 23.7 kHz, -27.2 dB transient from the thing. Even with no sound going through it. In fact, as soon as I turn on my rack, the -20 dB light on my mixer recognizes sound on that track.

Whether the filter is set up as HP or LP, fully open or fully closed, I still get that spike. Oddly enough, when the filter is closed, the spike rises to -19.8 dB.

Is this part of the "character" of this filter? Other than the hiss, it seems like a worthwhile module.

I checked the rest of my modular setup, and a similar transient spike is present then too, but at a more acceptable -59.5 dB.

Any suggestions? Or did I just get a bum Wasp?

Why am I here in your mind? How do I get out? This is the true terror....

No. It allows for an FTDI programming cable such as the programming cable Circuit Abbey sells.

does it break out to USB ? i count 6 pins

Unless you are going to build your own, I've chosen a case w/ power from Pittsburgh modular. They have a few versions from small desktop cases to large 6u(two rows) at 104hp per row. They also have a cheap "in/outs" module with a 1/4" input which might help you. I've been researching for months and still haven't bought anything yet. Its a lot of info and companies to sort through, I know.
-michael

I would also like to weigh in as a beginner.
I am new to modular and a guitar player interested in using these for effects. My limited experience is Moog delay pedals, but would like to expand to other areas. What would be a good place to learn to get started with a modular frame/power supply?

thanks,

jim

Thread: Patch #2

Phasing: Mysteron triggered once with full regeneration, recorded into Phonogene, played back slightly slower, mixed with original signal.

Wow. Benchmark for how modulation/LFO modules should be, really. Intuitive design, lots of features. Best purchase I've done in a long while, will probably have to get a second.

It's as I described above, if you search for xOx it will not show up, because the module is called "x0x" (x-zero-x) as in 303, not "xOx" (x-oh-x). Search for "x0x" (x-zero-x) and you will find it.

"it didnt show up in search.."
Actually is still doesnt...
If you try to search for xOx Heart blank manufacturer and blank function etc.. then no hits...
Its doesnt show up if you just select Grayscale.
Open Music Labs, the ACTUALLY designers dont even show up in the manufacturers, grayscale only make the panel...
So... Now I have one in my Rack at least.. by pressing + on the page YOU quoted...
but no one else can find it!!!

... or... im doing sommat wrong...

:)

M

YEah I might have, but that was an accident, what I meant is that Id been trying to find the xOx heart on MD to add to my "rack" but it didnt show up in search.. so I added it... So no idea why that was...

I think you had it labeled as xOx but it's x0x (the letter O vs the number zero).

DONE!
Ive been searching for this module, but it never showed up. Dont know why.

Very true about the Bypass/Active. It had me confused for the first few minutes. Bypass issue aside, this delay sounds amazing.

Marked as duplicate:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/grayscale-x0x-heart-grayscale-panel

Erbe-Verb is on its way :) Very excited to have such a rich source of extensive modulation inside reverb.

Thanks a lot! I'm going to download the application to see if it helps me.
Here's a few changes:

http://cdn.modulargrid.de/img/racks/modulargrid_146992.jpg

I started by building a basic synth voice e.g vco vcf vca env lfo,and expanded from that.
You have no way to sequence notes with what you just posted,consider a midi to cv and maybe switch out the trigger riot for a z8000 or a René.
Also what blender said an output is needed and what exper said still too many triggers
Build up a basic system slowly and get a feel for how things work together and avoid disappointment
If you have an iPad try zMors modular app it may help and doesn't cost the earth (like what you have planned)

Hi, I think at the very least, you will need an output to carry the audio signal out to your system/headphones to get sound.

Maybe something like this for your mixer to go into:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-139-2-headphone-amplifier

Satan's tender love embrace.
We are all Satan.
Punk

Added Expanded Turing Machine. Beautiful piece of gear. Really a treat for the rig. Also, traded out for an RCD for tripping those clocks. :)

Thanks a lot for the answer. Sorry bother you again but as you notice I'm really lost. Bu t I made many changes.
I put A 135 doepfer for mixer and vca.
I think the system as 2 Rows one for synths sounds (far away the classics analogue) and row 2 for drums and sampler player.

What you think about this? is more consistent:
ModularGrid Rack

Thanks again

You're definitely going to have to rethink this. You need some basics such as mixing, VCAs, filtering, etc. You also have too many trigger sequencers.

Hi Guys, My name is Ezequiel I'm from Argentina.
I'm thinking of putting together my first Eurorack system and I need help Because I'm a virgin in Eurorack terms and there are so many options.
I have a lot of Vintage Synth and Drum machines:
Yamaha Cs60, Prophet 5, Juno 106, Arp avatar, MS20, Sh101, Tr909 and Linn drum... so What I'm looking for with this is to find new sounds far away from the classic analog sounds and classical routing of vintage synths and new interfaces to improvise.
This is my first idea for my Eurorack is pretty expensive for my but is OK:

http://cdn.modulargrid.de/img/racks/modulargrid_145832.jpg

As a rookie in this My question is if I'm forgetting something substantial such as VCA, POWER SUPPY, MIXER, ETC
and also any suggestions are welcome

Thanks a a lot for you help!!

FYI: the active/bypass and active/spillover switches don't work like you think they would-- like you would see on a guitar pedal. the module was intentionally designed this way. Basically: 'bypass' engages the effect. You won't hear delay when in 'active'. Personally, I have no idea why it's this way, but I'm sure someone smarter knows the answer.

Anyone else have problems fitting this dang thing in their cases? I feel like the holes never line up. That's what she said.

Hey update here

I got a cool patch going with the qcv out of the rene into Mysteron

Creates a real sick melody.

Going to solder my first module nervous!

Any tips on assembling Atari punk euro?

yellow - clock in
black - unmodified clock
grey - divided clock (1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6)

Thread: Change Log

TrueGrid MIDI fixed

I think there may be only two people in the world who use this, but for those I can happily report that the TrueGrid MIDI feature is working again!
As a reminder how to get it going:

• it still only works in Google Chrome
  • you have to check the Enable Web MIDI API option by typing chrome://flags in your browser address bar
  • make sure your MIDI interface is connected and running BEFORE you start the browser
  • if in doubt restart the browser
  • browse to TrueGrid (MIDI)/Growling MIDI Bass
  • select the MIDI port at the bottom of the screen

I had weird fun connecting TrueGrid with my Octatrack...

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

PS: Have you seen this module?
EURO Brute -- MiniBrute Expander
I have no idea if this actually exists, but it looks cool.
-Ken

Greetings! I am a fellow noob, so don't take anything I say too seriously

I'm assuming you will be playing this from your MicroBrute.

OK, so it looks like you have two basic voices setup, with the standard VCO / VCF / ADSR / VCA. So far, so good. Suggestions:

Add some variety? Perhaps:
* Trade out one of the A-110s for the oh-so-trendy A-110-4 Thru Zero Quadrature VCO (which should be out this year)
* Trade one of the A-147s for a A-143-9 Voltage Controlled Quadrature LFO/VCO (which I think is a great value)
* Add some noise: A-118 Noise / Random

It looks like the MicroBrute has a fairly powerful internal sequencer, but may I suggest adding more sequencer?
* Use the A-118 as your random source.
* Sample gate/pitch from random with A-148 Dual Sample&Hold
* Gate sample drives an A-142-1 Voltage Controlled Decay/Gate for a random-length gate.
* Pitch Sample drives oscillator pitch
* NOOB alert -- I haven't actually done this, so extra glue may be required to get this to work!!!

Housekeeping:
* You probably want to reserve some space for utilities like the A-183-1 Dual Attenuator, or the A-183-2 Offset-Generator
* Even if you use stackable cables, you may still wind up needing a buffered multiple like the A-185-2 Precision CV Adder

There. I've used up all of your rack space, and blown your budget. You're welcome

Just going to request the mixed 5U format feature again! I know you've tried and it's a bit of a PITA - it's just that's how most of us 5U/MU users make up our racks: with a mixture of both.

Cheers, and once again, thanks for such an incredible resource.

The intellijel Metropolis is quite fun to use.
Despite some of the problems i am having as indicated below, it's special programming method allows the user to come up with quite unique sequences.
However, i need to point out three things which i am not too happy about.

The first is the delayed CV output in comparison to the Gate output. This creates problem on some devices and especially with cv/gate-to-midi converters. I wrote to Intellijel about this and here is the reply i got from them.
'On the Metropolis we gave the maximum timing priority to the gate output. e.g. when you trigger it with a clock, the corresponding gate will always fire immediately. There might be a tiny latency with the CV output since it is generated by a DAC and it is slower to write commands to it. We never tested the Metropolis to be used with something like the Doepfer A192-2. In the future we may make a version of the metropolis that has midi. I will have a look at our firmware to see if there is something I can adjust. In the meantime if you have some way to introduce a small delay to the Metropolis gate output then you might be able to solve the problem.'
So i designed a small delay for the gate with a simple attack envelope circuit. That pretty much solves the problem except when a slide is converted to midi. If midi option is implemented internally then maybe intellijel could find a solution for the slide in midi as well. (maybe with the pitch wheel CC)

The second problem is not having the ability to start the sequence from a desired position. You should keep in mind that you have to mess around a bit to come up with something good. I would consider this to be the proper method of programming this sequencer just as it is so for the tb303 as well. The problem is that, when you come up with something nice, the sequence is most of the time shifted meaning it will not be starting from a correct point. Since it is not possible to easily shift a sequence you come up with (after messing around) to start it from the desired point, the only feasible way is to have the sequencer start from a desired position. This could easily be implemented in the firmware. This same problem applied to the original tb-303 firmware as well but if you install the social entropy's quicksilver 303 cpu add-on, you can shift a sequence on the 303 so that it can start from the correct point.

The third problem is the lack of an option for Hz/V output format for note cv. The only way to connect the metropolis to a Hz/V device is with an external V/oct to Hz/V converter. I think this should be implemented in the firmware.

Besides these problems it is a great sequencer.

Here is a link to my 'Portable custom modular sequencer with Intellijel Metropolis'

Also here is a link for my problem and my solution at gearslutz forum 'gate delay as attack envelope circuit'

oh! I can feel it's getting closer to a realease date!! the suspense! I hope your wonderous machine will be ready for shipping soon. this video is amazing! excellent patch! can't wait!!

Turd soup with human thoughts....
Who's afraid of the big baboon, the big baboon, the big baboon
who's afraid of the big baboon, so fucking late in the history of the universe?
I'll fucking rip your ass out through your eyebrows, punk, and all ye who doubt me.

Thread: 2015 backlog

got back in sdiy and this is my backlog for 2015. happy soldering!
ModularGrid Rack