My request would be to show a number that represents total usage, regardless of whether the rack that includes the module is public or private.

-- sempervirent

O.k. this was a simple fix, it's online.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

My request would be to show a number that represents total usage, regardless of whether the rack that includes the module is public or private. Perhaps something like this, which would maintain the privacy of individual racks while providing a more accurate indication of a module's popularity:

-- sempervirent

I see, I will check this. (And fix this URL autolink function which seems broken)

I was checking out the module filters (Alphabetic/Popular/Price/HP) and noticed a quirk in the way that popularity is calculated:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/browser?SearchName=&SearchVendor=191&SearchFunction=&SearchTe=&SearchTemethod=max&SearchIsmodeled=&order=popular

On this page the Maths v2 panel is listed as the most popular, appearing in 251 public racks. The Turing Machine is in second place, appearing in 331 public racks. That seemed like a bug at first, because the Turing Machine had a higher count. But then I realized that the popularity code was probably summing usage across public racks in addition to private racks.

My request would be to show a number that represents total usage, regardless of whether the rack that includes the module is public or private. Perhaps something like this, which would maintain the privacy of individual racks while providing a more accurate indication of a module's popularity:

Alt text

Thanks for the feedback Knut. I can certainly see how the "Module Grouping" feature would be quite complex.

I imagine the "My Modules / Wish List" feature would be a less daunting task primarily only requiring additions to the already established database infrastructure. Although I am sure you have to consider the impact it would have on the database server seeing since it would require further entries and activity per user.

Thanks again. Happy to support the work you put into MG as the functionality it provides has proved invaluable.

Hey grieve, thanks for your input, it's very valuable for me to know what users want to see.
It's always hard to decide which features should be realized. I have to be very careful to not "feature creep" the ModularGrid, because every additional function makes the user interface more complicated and introduces potential new bugs.

I like the wishlist and grouping function idea.
Grouping would be cool, but it's harder to develop. I will put both to the to do feature list.

...Personally I signed up for a "Unicorn" account just to support the work the basic functionality requires.... and not so much for the additional features. I think a few more features like this and my other suggestion above would make the unicorn account a greater value from a practical stand point to those on the fence.
-- grieve

Thanks a lot for your contribution! If you are already visiting this site for a while you will recognize that a lot of the functions where done on user requests. I can not promise to implement everything instantly but I am constantly working on the site to make it better in progress.

Best Knut

A way for users to Link/Group adjacent modules in racks.... therefore allowing you to move all modules that are linked in that group with a single move... keeping them together/adjacent. Essentially turning a group of modules into a single module as far as moving is concerned. And of course a method to unlink/ungroup.

For instance the 4MS QCD Expander, QCD, QPLFO are always next to each other in my racks. It would be convenient to be able to link them in my rack and move them all together as if they were a single module.

This would also allow a user to link and move an entire row up or down quickly.

...Personally I signed up for a "Unicorn" account just to support the work the basic functionality requires.... and not so much for the additional features. I think a few more features like this and my other suggestion above would make the unicorn account a greater value from a practical stand point to those on the fence.

User personalized groupings of modules in the modular finder so that they are easier to find when building a rack.
-My Modules (a filter showing all the modules I own)
-Wish list (a filter showing modules I add to my wish list)

Explanation:
A method to tag/mark modules in the module finder database as "My Modules" and "Wish List". Then a check box or some kind of way to filter the module finder to show the collection of modules I have marked as "My Modules" or "Wish List".

I'm building my first Eurorack for guitar purposes primarily. Obviously I need In/Out so for that I plan to buy the Pulp Logic Entry Point and Exit Strategy. I really like the tones from the trouby modular organ filter, so I plan on buying that module as well... assuming a guitar would sound decent through that. As for the other units in the rack, I'm not so sure... I would like to be able to play a chord, or note on the guitar and have it drone. So I'm assuming the Pulp Logic SnH unit would work for that. I was looking at the Pittsburgh Modular Synth Block just to have as an extra unit with multiple functions. Eventually I would like to synthesize drums, so I was looking at the MFB Seq 01 for that. And I would love to be able to play lines on the guitar and have them loop. So the Make Noise Phonogene looked great for that, and has the really cool splice feature. I have no idea what kind of mixer I should look for. I'm thinking if I use an LFO from the rack, I could potentially play over whatever I create using those tones with the guitar, but I would need something to allow me to mix the LFO tones with guitar. Eventually I wouldn't mind doing a lot of synthesis without the guitar by adding on lots of other modules, but for now I want to make the instrument the focal point. What other modules may be helpful or should I research??

There are a few videos of people playing guitar through euroracks on youtube, but not many actually creating music with them. So I'm not sure how this is going to work out and if I'm just flushing money down the drain, but it's something I want to experiment with. This is the rack I'm working on. I'm willing to take any advice, or input from anyone who can help make this project a success. Thanks.

ModularGrid Rack

Thread: Change Log

Fixed some issues on the Rack and Patch browsers pagina which prevented to go back to page 1.

Shapeshifter:
Shapeshifter Preset #1
Panel:
INT FM 10 o'clock
Ratio 1
Shape 1 10 o'clock
Shape 2 12 o'clock

Fold 9 o'clock

Little Knobs:
Ratio/Time : Any
Int FM 1 o'clock
Fold CV 1 o'clock
Shape 1 9 o'clock

Shape 2 9 o'clock

4MS QCD
1/0
2/0 Patch Out
3/ Div/Mult 8
4/0

4MS PEG
Left:
Ping Div/ Mult /4
Scale + Full Tilt
Skew |\
Curve /^\ (rounded)
Right:
Ping Div/Mult /5
Scale - 10 o'clock
Skew /|
Curve /^\ (rounded)

Everything else is legible with the dots - use the dots for reference points

Hello world
Ive yet not bought the d-lfo, Stilton adaptor, evin209 and addac 802. Im new at this so Im wondering if Im missing an important element here.....or something..

Your opinions is at this stage of great value:)

-martin

Thanks for your response! I guess I will discover the limitations fairly quickly. I just don't hope I've forgotten something important to play around with it all. :)

Hi,

I'd add in a VCA, another ADSR, a LFO and a noise source. (at least! ;-)

Hi!

So, I entered the modular domain some weeks ago. Started with the Pittsburgh System 10, and after countless hours of playing I decided to buy some more gear. I bought some Synthrotek because they had DIY-kits. I'm not very interested in just making blip-blops and wierd sounds. The idea is to use the Pittsburgh sequencer to control the ground note of the Metropolis to add some variaty. I wan't to make melodic ambient-ish patches, and I think I at least have something to start with. But, since I'm new to this, am I missing something? I know I really need a filter. That's on top of my list for my next money burning.

Here's a link to my rig(It's just partially put together. Still waiting for the Metropolis and the Synthrotek stuff).

The bottom rack is in the System 10 box, except the powerswitch.

ModularGrid Rack

Thanks for the quick answer. :)

It is based on LM13700 OTAs and TL072s opamps

Does anyone own one and can say what opamp/chip is used or if it is discrete?

There. It has been un-privatized. :)

However, I'm not sure every modification to every module deserves a new entry. It waters down the module counts and add confusion. For instance, what if someone thinks such modules are actually available.

What a cool mod - hats off for navs!

(not a duplicate obviously)

Maybe name it "Doepfer A-143-9 navs Lin FM mod"...

Duplicate

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-143-9
-- exper

I think it's not a duplicate, cause there is a linear FM-Input added.
Please, note also the link to navsmodularblog.

Regards, Jojo

Fair enough. But why in the world didn't that pop up on a search? Would've saved me some time.

Holy bananas and sandwiches!
Don't you find the exponential number of patch options overwhelming?

-- mt3

Sometimes. But I am trying to experiment with as many combinations as I can to see what does what. I have to resist the temptation to stick with familiar combinations and keep pushing the experimentation. Over time, if I find I am not using a module enough to justify its existence, I will sell it.

Holy bananas and sandwiches!
Don't you find the exponential number of patch options overwhelming?

Duplicate

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-143-9

thanks! i'll check em out

filters:
frequensteinter
polivoks
plague bearer
wiard

ye, i see you also like the ecclectic. can you recommend a multi-wave oscillator and a good filter?

Added 2nd MakeNoise Rene today. spent 3hrs rearranging the skiff portion of the mx104 to get it just right. i ended up stacking the pressure points. really looking forward to rene-cross-cv-modulation of the x and y function pages. things are evolving:

studio shot

Some nice pieces. Check my Lazy rack for some other off-beat modules (I list many you have here as well).

Yep I know I don't need a Rubicon to modulate a Rubicon - what I meant was that with the Cyclebox I didn't necessarily need to use another oscillator to FM it and hence my other non Through Zero oscillators would be free for other functions.

I shall look at the Shapeshifter now,

Thanks for the reply,

David

The sound you hear is that which you are listening for

The rubicon is an excellent choice for analog through zero. Very clean sines are important to the process, and the rubicon has some of the cleanest I've heard. You don't necessarily need 2 though. A Dixie will fm it quite well, and track in a similar way.

For digital TZ, the cyclebox is pretty great. It id discontinued though, so you might want to look at the Intellijel shapeshifter which is cyclebox's next iteration in a way. It has TZ fm, tons of wave tables, an analog wave folder (cycle box has a digital one), chords and much much more.

Hi,

I'm looking to get a Through Zero Oscillator (actually I think I need three for the thing I have in mind). Have seen demo's on YouTube for the Zeroscillator and while it is amazing it is just too much money. I'm in Eurorack Format and I've been looking at the Cyclebox and Rubicon. Are there any others that I should be looking at? What do people think of the Cyclebox and Rubicon? My understanding is that the Cyclebox would FM itself internally which would free my other oscillators for other things which would be good. I'm mainly thinking of bell-like sounds for the thing I have in mind. But with both of these options there would obviously be many other applications.

David

The sound you hear is that which you are listening for

i currently have the below modules in a PBG 104 case:
Circuit Abbey axis
PBG MIDI2
STO
Function
Rosie

thoughts on what next?

Bottom row is actually external. Also CV'd to FR Mobius, Moog Little Phatty Tribute, Arp Odyssey.

Yes sorry. I didn't want to confuse you. In the future you can just change the image for a module if you have a better/more appropriate one. I copied the image from yours and applied it to that original. It's just better to have as few copies of modules as possible.

It wasn't a duplicate -- the other Planar Inverted was just an upside-down picture of the right-side-up Planar (the graphics were all upside-down) which was why it has the description "(placeholder pic kludge)". But I see that one's been changed to my photo. So you can delete it now if you like. Thanks

This is a duplicate, so I'm going to mark it as private.

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-planar-inverted

Hey, Xanu here. I'm afraid Xanu modules and other products are not currently in production. They are slowly being added to the MG lineup both for personal use and so that there's an online, easily accessed (hence they are not private) backup in case things go wrong on our end, like a hard drive failure or something. Many of the modules can be made on demand right now, however others (like the Delay) have not been performing adequately yet (in the case of the Delay, we've been having issues with the Gate system and proper voltage control). We're expecting to bring the full lineup to the public market with a new website and everything in a few months.

Do these modules exist? Where can I buy them?

No worries. It's a common problem. People just need to search before adding :)

not sure how i missed both of these modules. not trying to make duplicates, sorry about that.

For sure the statistics can't show the actual amount of modules in the wild, but i think they are a good hint of what is popular for sure. As for just counting the modules in most recent racks only, i'm not sure, as i personally tend to copy my actual rack some times to plan ahead for the future.

Not sure if other EGs have this feature integrated, but since it just seems to be an VCA after the EG output it shut be easy to replicate...
Math can do such things, since it has a sum output for the two AR envelopes.

i mean a dynamic control of the envelope output level, for example Intellijel Dual ADSR can control it, can i control it also with Intellijel Quadra or make noise math

Love, love, love the knob recorder. Use it in pretty much every patch. Can liven up anything. An absolute steal. 10/10.

What exactly is accent? Is it the shortening of an envelope on an additional trigger impulse?
EGs with cv-able rise/fall can do this.

Hi, im looking for an envelope generetor, wich is able to be connect to control the accent/dynamic?
I use some parameters, the accent is one of this, which module for accent?
Thanks

Thinking of a 2nd Rene. I just can't get enough. One for the modular, and one for Ableton.