Hi.
I'm trying to compile my first rack and after a month of research I think I'm back to square one.
First I was looking into Behringer system 100 and 2500 but realizing system 100 is very basic and 2500 ocupies too much space for what it offers I've tried some different configurations and still can't figure out a good set.
I have external sequencer and keyboard with CV/gate out so I don't need any sequencers.
What I'm after is something that I can use for drone/ambient and 80's electronic/synthwave.
Also my budget is 2000€.
Any help would be appreciated.

Howdy!

This is a pretty open ended request, so we might need a bit more detail to be able to give you adequate advice. I know it's not specifically Eurorack, but I would really recommend the Behringer 2500 clone as a very reasonably priced all-in-one extremely versatile option. You can also mount that in a standard rack and add a row or two of 84hp rails to expand with things you think you're missing. For drone/ambient I'd recommend some more sources of modulation and maybe some interesting delays/reverbs (if you're not already running it through pedals). Maths is a great addition to the 2600 for envelopes and more complex modulation (also highly recommend the illustrated supplement for Maths, you'll learn A TON about voltage and how to push it around). Updated clones of Clouds (like the Monsoon) are pretty "classic" eurorack nowadays too. Sort of an instant ambient playhouse.

This might just be my personal opinion, but I don't think synthwave type sounds are really where modular shines. When I think of synthwave I think of more typical polysynth options, but the beauty of modular is you can always run a keyboard synth alongside it! (or even INTO it!)

Any more detail on things that are drawing you into modular or sounds that have been inspiring you would be greatly helpful to give you more specific direction.