I just received the Mutable Instruments Links from @bj_gzp, It was quick and easy treatment, thanks. :) it was a pleasure!!

Can anybody tell me the depth of the Sync-Gen II LS?
I can't find this in the specs of various product pages, but I need to know it before I purchase one.
Thanks!!

I know there is currently no way to upload different panel gfx. You can use this one in your own racks but for the health of the database I flagged this as duplicate of https://www.modulargrid.net/e/music-thing-modular-radio-music

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Thread: Noob help

You have two mixers with the two Mutable Instruments Links. If you use the Koma Attenuatorcable you can use this as a standardmixer....

The graphic for this panel is incorrectly cropped when added to a rack.

Also, it would be nice to be able to select a 1U rack format for designing new racks. Ideally be able to mix and match with other formats, but I understand that would be difficult. A stand-alone 1U would be useful though.

I think Doepfer has a 4 channel mixer/vca (not like the optomix). I had that on here before, but it was really large and I wanted more functionality as far as actual sounds go.

oh and the blank panel needs to be there, it's where a power switch will go, I didn't add one because I only wanted the price to show the actual module's price (since the switch comes with a power supply)

woah thanks guys. So, should I maybe, replace the optomix? I'm not really sure where I could put a mixer on this rack, I like everything there

Doepfer case
+
Doepfer base
+
wheels

Hello, I'm having soon full Doepfer A-100P9 case and was thinking of adding some new modules, perhaps an A-100PB as a base. That got me into thinking how to easily move my modular around in my studio as I'm having pretty limited space. So perhaps I could pretty easily construct some sort of base with wheels and additional storage space to move my system around.

Has anyone made any sort of easily movable modular solutions?

• futureretro orb
  • flame echometer

+ chimera bc16

total satisfaction

Thanks Solitud - I did not, but I described the problem to Sweetwater, who contacted Pittsburgh, who apparently either had experienced this before, or have amazing customer service, or both - because they're sending me a new one - no questions asked, free of charge, send theirs back to them when I get the new one. Sounds like mine was faulty out of the box.

Possible power issue? Did you try to disconnect all other modules and just connect the Synth Box?

@Ashekyu:

BY THE WAY you have to click the picture to see the finished version for some reason
-- Ashekyu

Retrigger the generation of the screenshot and empty browser cache...

I second this. Optomix is a bit too special as a vanilla VCA ...

Thread: Change Log

A nicer Theme Selector

If you create or edit a Rack, all selectable themes are displayed in a clickable gallery.

I thought the optomix was a mixer/vca?
-- Ashekyu

Sure, it has an auxiliary mixing function, but you may at times require mixing that does not involve the Optomix. Similarly, though Optomix can stand in for a VCA in many patches, you may want a regular VCA at times, rather than a lowpass filter optimized for signal gating.

So, brand new to Eurorack here - here is my setup. Tiptop uZeus, Mutable Braids, and Peaks, and Pittsburgh Synth Box. First time firing up after assembling into case, Mutable stuff fires up perfectly, Synth Box's LFO light blinks, then nothing at all. I assume that shouldn't be. Had a very hard time finding much in the way of documentation at the Pittsburgh Modular site, whereas Mutable's modules came with very clear instructions. I tried to fire it up a couple more times, and then stopped, fearing I was damaging the unit - or it was damaged already. I have the red stripes matching. Thanks for your patience with the newb question...

Thread: Change Log

Migrated to new Server

Moved entire project to a new server platform.
Two weeks work in one sentence.

Updated YouTube API to V3

Embedding of videos in the Module detail pages was using deprecated Google API V2. Says Google.
Updated to V3. Nothing visible changed but Google is pleased again.

At least it is a manufacturer approved sticker.

nice. now we have stickers on modgrid

impressive yes but would be even better if every module was DIY built lol

I thought the optomix was a mixer/vca?

I would add at least 1 mixer

Thank you for replying :) Yeah I've heard other people say that the other modules on the System 10.1 aren't really necessary... So are you happy with the synth box?

This module is already in the database:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/sonic-potions-penrose-quantizer

I'm kinda new as well (to Eurorack - not synths or modular - had an MFOS Sound Lab and an MS-20 at one point, have a Novation Bass Station 2 and Waldorf Blofeld now), and I got into pricing individual modules, wanting to lean towards getting a two monosynth, and drums lineup. What I found is that the Pittsburgh Synth Box is the same cost as buying an ADSR, LFO, and decent Filter, and hey - free synth taboot. So for the oscillator I really wanted to get into Eurorack over - the Mutable Instruments Braids, I bought the PMSB as it's backend, and a free second, and sub, oscillator. Also picked up a Mutable Peaks for my Kick and Snare. I picked up a 168hp suitcase on eBay for $150, and a Tiptop power supply. Eventually I'll split the two synths in half, maybe get a Maths, and expand the drums, some Tiptop or Mutant stuff. The Pittsburgh stuff to me looks like a good enough of a gateway drug, and made it possible for me to get a better system to start out with than the pricier stuff. Ideally, like everyone on here I imagine, I'm wanting to get this Arturia Beatstep Pro, but God knows when that's coming out.

Hey,
Looking for a new synth I recently stumbled upon the Pittsburgh System 10.1 plus ( http://pittsburghmodular.com/system-101-plus/ ) and now I'm intrigued :D
As a newbie to modular synthesizers I like the idea that I could just use it as a "normal" synthesizer for as long as I like but still have room for expanding it and getting into all the modular stuff...
I'd be really interested to hear some experienced peoples opinions! :)
Would anyone suggest a different set of modules for a really minimal setup in that sort of price range?

thank you very much for any suggestions :)

I just received a Cloq modue from @MarsFace. Straight forward transaction and ultra fast dispatch!
A pleasure to buy from him :)

A Eurocrack Pusher: "The first time is for free" ;)

This is insane.

I've just seen a vid of it self osc, wow!

It's now jumped to the top of my list past the Mysteron - I better get saving...

Thanks guys!

What a wonderful sounding module this is. Best sounding oscillator I have, and there's quite a few in the rack. Such a lovely tone. The sine in this one is worth the price alone.

Born in TN
in 1972
Personator was possessed w a Cajun flame for a eccentric lifestyle.
This lost soul moved north to work in the factories of Michigan where machine music infected the mind of a impressionable southern hospitalized gent.
Recorded in one take using stand alone hardware and modular gear.

Loved it!
Check this out!

This is a frac module, right? It would be great if you could add the actual panel! :)

April 2815:
- I have the PCBs at least, but the modules still have to be built:
- - from hexInverter:
4 x Ate Oh Ate Toms
1 x Nein Oh Nein Snare
a 2nd Nein Oh Nein Bass Drum
2 x sympleSeq
1 x seqSquared
my 2nd Jupiter Storm (the 1st one is in my 4U modular, along with my V1.4 Liquid HiHat)

• coming in the mail yet, are:
    • from Ladik:
      1 x Boolean
      1 x Q-010 Easy Quantizer
      1 x S-188 Clock Shuffler

Thread: Maintenance

We are up again :)

Thread: Maintenance

ModularGrid will be offline due to maintenance on 28 Apr. 11.00 CET. Might take a couple of hours, so if you have some urgent planning needs, do them now!

One of the most interesting things with this module I have found is the ability for self oscillation that is pretty undocumented.

I was 100% sold after a demo of it due to this. It's a pretty unique creative tool in itself with this

Mark as private. Don't turn modulargrid into scrapyard

Thank you for your feedback, I'm not looking for perfection but creativity. MN seems to be my main veil to this objective!

Really appreciate your message.

Cheers!

Thank you inuat

It's a complex composition

Nebulae
Loops a sample in the beginning

Arturia's beat step
Sequences
Braids and sto
Also mutable struthi
Effects are by the rt 60

nice video personator.
did you use only the rene for sequencing the hole parts . ?

and concancon..
do you think i should replace the deopfer a-131 by the manhattan vca?

thanks for help

Yes, it is one of those modules you'll probably never want to sell - I won't for sure. ;)
The character of the basic reverb sounds like a well executed delay tank - not bad at all, though there may be better ("more expensive") sounding reverb algorithms available. But the unique, outstanding aspect of this module is the practically artifact-free CV-modulation of every parameter, which makes it so valuable in the modular context.
Clouds is very different, conceptually. I did not receive my unit yet, so I can't compare its reverb.

It was in their rack at Messe. I would assume maybe late summer. They said "not happening in a month or two" in this video at 1:51

Affirmative :)

A Eurocrack Pusher: "The first time is for free" ;)

So with this I could hook my guitar into INSTR IN then from IMPORT patch to another modular and back to EXPORT and out through LINE OUT to my amplifier creating my costume FX pedals?

No problem at all! I just remembered that they were indeed there somewhere. And thanks for asking first before creating duplicates. It's a big help in keeping things tidy.

Thank you very much Exper.

I was unable to find these as I searched via the 'module finder', 'manufacturer' option. And these do not show up in that search.

Again, my thanks :)
~Robin