Hi there!

This is my first case and the one I use now:

http://cdn.modulargrid.de/img/racks/modulargrid_56060.jpg

I'm looking to build a second case with a 7U 84HP configuration and I'm thinking of something like this:

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/image/156555.jpg

First, I'd like to note that I'm trying to keep things musical here and that's the main purpose of my modular setup, but I don't know if I'm going too conservative here and I'd like to hear suggestions on other modules that could allow me explore other areas and expand my creative tools while keeping things musical and, also important to me, an "East Coast" approach. There are some modules there I don't have any doubts about like the Atlantis and the Mutable Instruments stuff; also, I love my Eowave stuff on the lunchbox case, so that's why I keep adding of those for this one; but I don't really know about the need for others like the uJack (I can live with minijack to jack headphone converters) a new analogue osc (Eowave Titan) or the need for two mixers ... Soooo ... please help!!

Because everyone can edit anything, Gridlers are not tired to upload their favorite image and overwrite the existing one.
Thats far from ideal in this case. There might be an update which locks the Edit mode for modules where the specs are manufacturer approved ...

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Tune in video is awesome!
-- solitud

Thank you Solitud! This tuned is based on a riff made with this modular rack. Then various arrangement tracks have been added in LPX, including some more sounds made with this rack.
Take care!

I would happily pay for a 5 row 126 HP rack. Happily. PM me your Paypal address, it will be on the way immediately.

edit: I am now a horned pony, nm :)

Thread: Change Log

Swap Rows

Unicorn members can now easily swap entire rows in the planner.

A way to "star" (GitHub style) a module would be a great way to keep track of interesting modules.
-- Arko

I think we had similar requests in the thread on Muffs. A list for favorite or owned modules which is also accessible in the planner for quicker drag'n'drop. This might come.

I had the same issue with my unit. It was my first stereo mixer,but i sold it and went for a Unify.

A Eurocrack Pusher: "The first time is for free" ;)

What's up with the module's image?
I think the original one published by Olivier looks better but it keeps changing... :/

I am still not sure where the benefit of multiple states is or what is overall different in comparison to just copy a rack?

Tune in video is awesome!

I like the idea of having multiple states for a rack.

Especially when trying different module positions within a rack.
I do a lot of copies just to re-shuffle some modules. Having several states would be great in this context.
I suppose this should be easier to implement as the initial request to have different modules for the same rack.
What i ask for relates to the same set of modules, just different "coordinates" for them in the rack.

EDIT: I just realise this may have a bad impact on selling Unicorn accounts, because users do not need multiple racks to try out variations anymore. Just make it Unicorn only :) Another good reason to go "pro" hehe

The Facebook of Modulars!
In general I like the idea but in the past most attempts to get more user interaction were not so successful.

I replaced the original module comment section nobody used with the forum which is hardly used either.
I removed the general user activity feed from the homepage for privacy and performance reasons.
Nobody recognized this, nobody complained.
We had even a live chat at some time ...

I am not sure which benefits user get from a friend following function. I think only follow friends would not be enough, but a modular user timeline might be a little silly?

I'd like a way to actually search for users in an easier way.
-- exper

Besides a little bit hidden this works pretty fine for me?
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/users

A way to "star" (GitHub style) a module would be a great way to keep track of interesting modules.

Not to be confused with a rating system (which exists), this would be only a one-star/like toggle which could be accessed as a list of starred module on a per-user basis.

The same mechanic could be applied for Racks and Patches.

Make sense?

P.S. Big ups for your work!

Ha, like social media? Not a bad idea actually. I'd like a way to actually search for users in an easier way. The problem is, many users have private racks, so you can't actually see what's going on any way.

I'm not sure if you're open to suggestions, but it'd be cool if there was a way to follow other users' MG accounts and see what they're doing with their public racks. Maybe your friends' activity logs could show up in a feed module on your personal homepage.

Thanks for the wonderful service!

Hi! Can I get some advice on this please? I am planning a rack to use for drums and drones/noiseyness kinda minimal and industrial... Am I missing anything really important or is there any modules you would really recommend? This is the rack:
http://cdn.modulargrid.de/img/racks/modulargrid_146390.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Thread: Patch #2

sweet patch bro

I'm thinking about buying the Enclave flight 12U case.

But worrying about the actual depth.

Can I put Jomox ModBase, ModBrane, Trogotronic M277(latest version) and Tiptop Z8000 matrix sequencer?

Please let me know if you already have the one.

Thanks

Is it just my module, or is there other people with experiences of the channel inputs leaking to other channels too?

I would like to build an fx rack of eurorack modules,something like a moduler Pioneer RMX 1000.It should have no more than six
modules not including utilities and capable of processing audio(music)and if possible go into the aux of my Allen&Heath Xone 92and or Mackie 1202 mixers.The modules are:
Intellijel audio interface,Make Noise Math,Phonogene and Wogglebug,Qu-Bit rt60.
some other modules I am considering,Doephfer A104--108,127,128,187 TiptopAudio z dsp Mutable Instruments Clouds,Shelves and Ripples.

Where can I buy this front panel ?

Thread: Marketplace

I have another request: Can you make 2 regions for Europe, EU and Non-EU?
If you have 3 regions for the Americas, i think we can have 2 for Europe :)
For the customs it is the same if i import a module from CH or US ...

Thanks for setting the thread up and explaining the @ function.

Maybe it already enough to just add the rating system used for the modules to the user accounts as well?
Rating each transaction is probably more complicated to implement?

Today is Chinese New Year Eve, Happy Chinese New Year! 春节快乐!

mengqimusic.com

Thread: Change Log

Mark usernames in the forum

Prepend an @ to a username in a post and a link to the users profile page will be generated, e.g. @modulargrid

Stricter validation for usernames

We had a very loose validation schema for usernames. For security reasons from no on only alphanumeric characters and numbers are allowed.
No spaces, Umlauts, Parenthesis etc.
Existing usernames stay the way they are until those users change anything in their profile (email, password). Then they have to adapt their username to the new rules as well.

In the meantime, can we make a "Good Trader" thread in the forum?

-- bj_gzp

Good Trader thread is a great idea! Find it here:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/563

Let me start by thanking @MarsFace for blazing fast shipping an excellent shaped TipTop Bd808.

Since we do not have a feedback/rating system for sellers and buyers on the marketplace yet you can use this thread to name the people you did good business with.
If you prepend an @ to a username, a link to the persons profile page will be generated.
The thread is searchable so it should be easy to find users with a good reputation over time.

Edit:
We now have a simple user rating system!
On every users profile page you can vote up or down your experience with a user.
You just vote the user one time in general, no single transactions. It does not matter if you are the seller or buyer.
The accumulated votes will be displayed on offers and in the user profile.
You can always revoke your vote by clicking again on the thumb button.

To get started feel free to rate users you had transactions with in the past.

thank you for the help.
I actually got it . was not using the proper trs cables / y cable configuration.
should be stereo out of q nexus cv - split to 2 mono's one to 1vpo and one to gate.
now i have pitch tracking .

my only issue now. is that if i disconnect the controller all together
and use the gate button on the atlantis i can use the envelope no problem . but when i attach the qunexus
i can track pitching but it seems to bypass the envelope. im sure i am missing a connection here.

any help is appreciated hope this helps someone else.

This is soo cool! I put some modules for test and i find the UI easy to use.
A bit cash strapped ATM, but es soon as i'm liquid again i'll try the notifications when searched for modules go up for sale.

I'm as well in favor of a feedback/rating system for sellers.
In the meantime, can we make a "Good Trader" thread in the forum?

Did you connect the Gate Out from the Qunexus to Gate on the Atlantis?
If that didn't work, did you try to connect Gate Out from the Qunexus to Trig on the Atlantis?

hello,
i currently have my qnexus hooked up to my atlantis eurorack modualr

i have the patched to 1 volt per ocatave . if i just hit a note i get nothing but if i cycle the envelope in a loop
i get different pitches on the keyboard.

how can i just play without cycling the envolope?

any help is appreciated.

I agree because I reposition mine as well, but it would be an inconvenience of minor significance when compared to the benefits. In my case the repositioning would be viewed as not that desirable.

But "repositioning" could be further achieved by another toggle corresponding to state. If one so desired.

Both options are much more logically sensible than the current implementation of "clone my entire rack, add a few modules, rinse and repeat", which adds noise to redundancy.

Metropolis:
125 BPM
Pulses:
Ch1: 4, Ch2: 2, Ch3: 4, Ch4: 2, Ch5: 4, Ch6: 2, Ch7: 4, Ch8: 2
Gate Mode:
Ch1: ..., Ch2: _, Ch3: ., Ch4: ..., Ch5: ..., Ch6: ..., Ch7: ..., Ch8: _
Aux A = STEPd: Var
MMG:
FREQ 1- Var
LP&HP: Var
Morphing Terrarium #2:
Mid Range causes distortion on DPO
DPO:
SHAPE: Var
FOLD: Var
FOLD Attenuator: Var
PEG:
Bi-polar: OFF
MATHS:
Leave alone

Not sure if this would work in every way. Users tend to reposition modules when their systems change to fill up the gapes.

It is very fast to write sequences in Voltage Memory.

mengqimusic.com

Meng Qi 孟奇 - Sweet Morning Drone 甜美清晨的嗡嗡

mengqimusic.com

Many users have duplicate racks of a base system. For example, "My Current Rack", "My Future Rack", "My Future Future Rack", etc.

Rather than making multiple racks, let users tag the modules in their base rack as "current", "future", "next", "drumwish", "2016", etc.
A toggle that switches between those variants then would dim the modules not having the tag corresponding to the toggle setting.

nice!! and lots better here than on muffs...

Thread: Bug Report

yolo

Meng Qi - NONRANDOM BURSTS

mengqimusic.com

It works indeed. Thanks for the speedy fix!

I cannot get a screenshot created when trying to make a patch.
-- IOSIS

This should be fixed (for now). Thanks for reporting.

I cannot get a screenshot created when trying to make a patch.

"Error: The requested address '/img/patches/modulargrid_11289.jpg' was not found on this server."

"Something does not work as expected ...
Could not load screenshot."

Ok, thanks!

Is this the rack you are referring to?
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/synth/153674/954

There are no TrueGrid playable modules in it. Only a little selection of modules work in TrueGrid, check the "Playable in TrueGrid" option in the ModuleBrowser to see them.

Also, when I hit F12 the Audio API thing says it is supported under the console tab.

I have used it on other computers just fine, but on my computer it always loads up my rack and then just stays there. It doesn't even finish loading the images, because they are blurry (but I can still see my modules). Nothing happens when I click or do anything, and no error is given.

JavaScript is turned on, and I am using Chrome. Any help?