very cool setup

thanks for the info, appreciate it

i was just wondering what the difference was if any, trying to free up some space and felt its redundant to have both

i bought a case from MakeNoise with the CV Bus but have only used it for patching purposes not the line out to my Apollo

didnt understand the single 1/4" out till recently

had a custom cable made for me so i should be able to test it out personally soon

thanks again

Thread: Drumken

Whoa that sounds interesting! I use a Boss BX-8 to submix my Airbase99 and it can add nice crunch but nothing creamy ever. Nice rack and thank you for the info, appreciate it.

I've got a some vintage Korg and Novation rack synths that I route through a rack-mounted stereo line mixer. From there, an 8-channel snake runs over to my mixing desk that controls all my outboard sound gear and connects to my DAW.

My modular is inserted on a stereo pair between the rack mixer and the desk mixer.

To make that work, I needed balanced stereo ins/outs, so I went with a Vermona TAI-4. Shortly after I got it, I discovered that overdriving those transformers adds such creamy distortion to those vintage synths, that I fell in love with that Vermona module. Glad I spent the money.

This is my current modular setup. In the future, I'll be adding several more filters, reverb/chorus, and more modulation options.

ModularGrid Rack

Thanks! I don't use any sounds off the TR-626, theyre so awful, but I love how it for sequencing an Airbase99 and also a SoundCanvas-55 (very nice 808 kit and of course any other GM drum sound). I'm totally happy with the DrumDokta2, got into it this weekend and its so alive and has great controls and sequencer functions. Always have loved the DR-110 sounds but this machine is incredibly better than that original.

Do you have any need to mixers or attenuators to throw outboard gear into your modular FX?

Thread: SUBFUS

updated: [[ nodrums / rot / nodrums / mangrove ]]

Ah, I can understand that. My modular only has FX modules (filters, echo, distortion, and such) because I use it as the FX chain for my hardware synths.

I've read that the drum sounds on the TR-626 are rather disappointing, so I can understand why you'd want the DrumDokta too.

Looks good!

Not sure it matters unless it is just intellectual curiosity. This module is not available without purchasing the Make Noise "Shared System".

However, since it says it is line level and "will drive long cables", I would guess the output is +4 dBu ("Pro level") like the Intellijel unit is.

If you need something "stronger" than line level, you might consider just patching your modular directly into your mixer, as long as you're careful. Modular levels are much hotter than line levels, so you could burn out the preamp on the mixer or interface unless you keep the gain knob turned down.

I use a TR-626 drum machine trig-out to sync the DD2, works great! I hope to use some of the modular filter options out there to process other gear like people used to do with the classic MS-20 filter. I like the other outboard gear I own but the modular world has so many amazing filters, I want them on my other sounds!

Hmmm.... a lot of filtering options. I'd be tempted to drop one of them and add a delay module to go with the DrumDokta.

Also, what's supplying the clock signal for the drums/sequencer?

New features !!! Seq Reset & 6 Track Gate Sequencer

New Manual :
https://copy.com/NuhiBEawgnjfHxwX

Please send email to mengqimusic [at] gmail [dot] com
for firmware file!

Enjoy!

mengqimusic.com

Been spring swapping. Addes MI Streams, Moddemix, BL Asteroid BD v4.

is this output stronger than Audio Interface II from Intellijel?

Thread: poopoo

I am hoping to get some unusual yet fun results from this setup, working alongside my non-modular gear setup. Any ideas or comments on this rack o' things?

Thread: Bug Report

Oh, I have an android. Idk if that helps...but it's some kind of info!

hp is a measure of how much space a module takes on a rack. So if a rack holds 84 hp, you can only have enough modules which total hp equals 84

just kidding hp is happy peperoni

On my mobile device, I can't load patches. If I do, it'd after google chrome crashes 5+ times and freezes up, etc. Is this a bug, or are patches not supposed to load on phones?
-- Ashekyu

Sorry, I think this is a bug in the mobile browser. I discovered it at least on iOS devices. But it should affect only larger racks ...

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

On my mobile device, I can't load patches. If I do, it'd after google chrome crashes 5+ times and freezes up, etc. Is this a bug, or are patches not supposed to load on phones?

This bug bothers me as well.
Can i suggest to completely skip any currency conversions and just have $ and € MRSP entered manually?

Actually you can do that right now.
Currency conversion is just the fallback if only one value is entered.
I need the currency conversion to get at least halfway usable results for the calculation of total rack cost.
Btw.: Converted currencies have the ≈ sign prepended and are blue, while manually entered values are black.

This Bug is known and already on my list. I thought nobody will notice that. But now I have to look into it, damn.
Also the conversion calculation is way off. It uses a hardcoded constant from times, when the Euro actually was worth anything...
modulargrid

This bug bothers me as well.
Can i suggest to completely skip any currency conversions and just have $ and € MRSP entered manually?

Even with a real-time conversion using the latest exchange rates the prices will be off.
Especially with US modules in EU, rule of thumb is 1 to 1 conversion from $ to €.
In US modules are advertised without VAT, in Europe with VAT, add shipping and import taxes and you end up with a module listed for 299$ sold in Europe for 299€.

A Eurocrack Pusher: "The first time is for free" ;)

Bees-in-the-Trees v3.9 modified firmware for Braids is now publicly available - see http://timchurches.github.io/Mutated-Mutables/ for details. Apart from dual internal LFOs/envelopes, v3.9 adds a meta-sequencer, a complete virtual Music Thing Turing Machine implementation, quantisation of note CVs to a wide range of scales, and external CV control of many different parameters (but not all at once). Like the official Braids firmware on which it is based, Bees-in-the-Trees is completely open-source and available free-of-charge.

СТАБИЛНОСТЬ lol

I have a crazy and probably non-functional voice here. If it does work, pls let me know, that'd be great!

The question is though, is there a main output on Grids to connect to, say, a speaker, or mixer, etc? I can't figure it out, I'm too noob.

If anyone could help, that'd be great!

this entry exists already:

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-%CE%BCscale-v2

Ah, I hadn't realised that they could do that. I guess some manufacturers aren't too bothered about people changing the picture.

I think most of them don't know about it, although I have sent every registered manufacturer a sloppy email :)

"Hit Points". It determines the maximum health of your module. You can battle monsters to increase it. The higher it is, the crazier the sounds you can make.

Ah, I hadn't realised that they could do that. I guess some manufacturers aren't too bothered about people changing the picture.
As I said, not the end of the world, I'm just a little (probably quite a lot) ocd about things like this.
I guess if they all keep changing I could just create my own private versions... Maybe this ocd is getting out of control... :)
Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers.

Hey, completely understand the annoyance and I am not happy with the panel graphic ping pong, either.
But just to note: I have introduced the manufacturer approval feature, where manufacturers can lock their modules from further editing. That includes panel graphics.
Olivier and the other manufacturers can do this any time ...

It's not the end of the world or owt, but I've been getting a bit pissed of by people uploading custom shots of modules and replacing the ones that the manufacturer has uploaded.

Case in point are all the Mutable modules (amongst others), most of which have got various different shots of the modules, different shading, overblown colours etc, ( that is until I've just changed the majority of them back to the original ones that Olivier uploaded. Although they are renders and not photographs these are the ones that the manufacturer wanted. And as such they look much better when they are all uniform that way.

No doubt someone else will go and change them all back, but surely there's a way of locking the image that a manufacturer uploads, and if someone wants to upload their own one then they can still do so, but it will be private.

As I say, not the end of the world, just my ocd kicking in.

I just wanted to say while I'm here that this is an absolute killer website that I spend far too much time on, thanks a million for it.

Cheers.

HP stands for horizontal pitch.
It is the width of a module.

HP on Wikipedia

Just discovered this wonderful world: 'modulAR' appx 2 wks ago, and it's like going back to when I used to build PCs for fun....in the 80s/90s and when I discovered Linux, that was a blast man as is this.

So, here goes with the clottish Q: Please define HP - what is it - a measure of width(depth/height) - all answers greatly appreciated.....

Thread: Posters?

Well, you can always print the screenshot by yourself?
The only one you can not print yourself is the ModularGrid poster of the 870 most popular modules, because it is not possible to create such big racks on MG.
Reasonable cost is an other thing, those services charge a lot for small series...

Thread: Posters?

Just a thought?

I'd quite like a poster of my rack to stick on the wall of my bedroom studio. How about modular grid team up with a poster maker outfit and offer such a service - at a reasonable cost of course!

Pamela's settings: 20s-50s BPM
Trigger 1 (Radio reset): x2
Trigger 2 (Braids bell): x1
Trigger 3 (Disting Y): x12
Trigger 4 (Peaks 1): x1
Trigger 5 (Peaks 2): /2

Thread: bookmarks

Ladik C-040: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1903381#1903381

i can not see patches on iPad/iphone which are on racks bigger than 5 rows. ?
-- cj3000

That is an iOS Bug, as far as I can see.

The currency for module prices seems to default automagically to USD, despite having EUR set on the user profile.
This happens quite erratically, without any particular defined pattern. Not a big thing, but you know...
-- GmbH

This Bug is known and already on my list. I thought nobody will notice that. But now I have to look into it, damn.
Also the conversion calculation is way off. It uses a hardcoded constant from times, when the Euro actually was worth anything...

The currency for module prices seems to default automagically to USD, despite having EUR set on the user profile.
This happens quite erratically, without any particular defined pattern. Not a big thing, but you know...
Keep up the amazing work Knut!
Grüße!

Based strictly on the size, I'd guess $229.

anyone think it'll exceed $200?

How much might one cost? I am still looking to get started on my first eurorack, but am quite curious

I can build one for you if you are interested. Most of what I do is one off commission work, unless there is greater interest.
You can contact me through my website if you are interested. Thank you,
www.Ninstrument.com

Anyone have any idea if this is actually gonna happen or any deets?

Look no further if you want to integrate guitar pedals (read fuzz!) or moogerfoogers into your modular. not only that, a bass or guitar can be used to trigger envelopes and gates. i have been waiting forever for something this well executed.

Thread: Noob help

ModularGrid Rack

That's what I plan on building. I'm really new and don't know if this rack would function correctly, is there anything I'm doing wrong?

BY THE WAY you have to click the picture to see the finished version for some reason

Looks amazing (as usual with MI).

WANT

I've made space for two.

Looks fantastic!

just after Bloc

so was it really this setup, it is hard to see a rene in the photo, so not sure if the other setup is accurate.